Sunday, August 12, 2012

God's Redeeming Love

Redeeming Love.  That is the name of my favorite book.  It talks about a girl who is handed a bad lot in life.  She turns into a woman who makes many wrong choices because she feels she deserves nothing better. Then, the amazing part happens - God shows up! He shows her that she is worthy of love and His love can redeem all of the brokenness of her past.  He reveals that Love can cover all wrongs. It is such a beautiful picture of what God can do.  He can redeem that which is lost.

Sometimes, it seems like this could never really happen in real life - only in fiction.  We feel that we are not worthy for God to show up when we mess up.  Why would God fix something that we broke?  We feel like this is only something that would happen to someone else, someone who is worthy.  

I was able to be a part of God's redeeming love this week.  It was overwhelming to sit in the midst of a story of God redeeming a relationship that had been broken.  It was my story.

Sometimes we make mistakes in life and what is left is a broken relationship.  We don't know how to fix it, so it just stays - broken.  It's funny that I have trusted God in so many places in my life, yet I did not ask for His help in fixing this. I could not figure out how to restore what was lost on my own, so I just accepted this as my lot in my life. My choices, my lot right? Wrong. This is not how God works. He does not leave you with your wrong because Love covers all wrongs.

I feel honored that God stepped in when I didn't ask Him to.  Did you know that if you trust God and try your best to follow Him that He can step into your life without you even asking Him to?  When you put your life into God's hands, He has the freedom to step in and speak Truth into your life because you are open to hearing His voice.  

God stepped into my life last week.  He brought up this broken friendship and kept pressing on my heart that this should be restored.  When God speaks truth into our lives, we don't have to listen.  We can ignore what He is asking, walk away and never see what He can do - or we can chose to listen and be amazed that Love really can cover all wrongs.

So yesterday, I sat across a booth and felt a feeling that was so overwhelming that I don't have the words to describe it. But I know what it was.  It was God redeeming what was lost. 


No comments:

Post a Comment