Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Beautiful Garden

This is a new year with new ideas, so I have decided to start a blog.  The name I chose for the Blog is "Seeds of Hope...". Some of you may consider this a profound name - I Kind of thought it was insightful - planting Seeds of Hope into women's lives...


Most of you do not know, although my  mom does, that I am a terrible gardener!  House plants die, fake plants are smothered by dust and yard foliage?  Well...let's just say I definitely do NOT have a green thumb!


I am sure my mom can attest to the fact that she could not trust me to pick the "ripe" tomatoes from our small plants under the kitchen window when I was young.  I still remember many half-green little tomater runts sitting in the window sill above our sink - my little handiwork!


As I grew and was married, Dennis and I bought a home that had previously been owned by a flower "Monet".  This woman planted perennial flowers (these are the kind that pop up on their own each year - Amazing!) all around the home, deck, shed and even a special made flower garden in the center of the yard.  It was a Masterpiece!  I loved looking at the stunning colors, to smell the beautiful fragrance and see them dancing in the wind.  I would just sit on our deck and enjoy the beauty of the gardens that surrounded me.  Then, as the weeks went by, the flowers began to droop, dry up and die.  I asked a friend what could be wrong with my lovely plants.  She asked me if I was watering them every night.  EVERY NIGHT??? I was so confused, since I thought that was what the rain was for! So, needless to say, when thunderstorms came through, my garden was beautiful!


Sometimes that is how life feels.  We feel like we are drooping...days are dry and no longer full of life.  We look into the mirror and wonder where the beautiful color of our youth went.  We question our Creator when He sends the storms to flood our life...why do You send this storm into my already dry and painful world? We can't see what the Creator can see...the Storm is what is needed to bring Joy and Peace.  Then, we will overflow with Hope..when we trust that our Creator knows how to take care of His Beautiful Garden.


So, with this blog, along with life, I pray I can spread Seeds of Hope to women who may be drooping, drying up or dying.  As God brings storms into our lives - He will water these Seeds of Hope.  Then, as you see the Son...He will look down and see how beautiful you are - His Masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment