Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finding Joy...

As I went on my trip to Thailand, I planned to visit and encourage people who are hurting.  These people have been brought out of terrible darkness and are working now with different ministries around Bangkok. 
The one thing I did not plan on was that they would show me what the Joy of the Lord is.  As I saw their genuine smiles, laughter and light in their eyes, I saw in myself something I didn't know was missing.  I lost the Joy of the Lord somewhere along the way.  It took a trip around the world for me to realize it was not there. 


I had planned this trip to help show God's love to others.  God planned this trip for others to show me His Joy. 


I am excited for this New Year 2012 - That I may have a fresh start with the Joy of the Lord!
Psalm 51:12 says, "Restore to me the joy of Your salvation..."  God can restore our Joy.  The funny thing is, many times we don't even know we lost it.  Lets take a look at our lives and see where our joy comes from - if you have misplaced God's Joy as I have this past year, then pray Psalm 51 over your life with me:  "Lord, restore to me the joy of Your salvation"...


May you find your Joy again during this new year of 2012 -


"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit"...Romans 15:13

1 comment:

  1. Truly remarkable.. I never thought about it until now.. I too see where I have lost God's Joy in times of my life.. all it takes is a little reminding :) P.S. I miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete